1. Your House Maybe Making You Unwell By Messing With Your Hormones

    Your House Maybe Making You Unwell By Messing With Your Hormones

    Have you read this article from WYZA? It's called 23 Subtle Ways Your House Might Be Making You Sick.

    In it, Alyssa Jung and Tina Donvito share their insights. Here's one that's really interesting:

    If you’re obsessed with keeping your house smelling fresh, you could be affecting your health. Scented candles, oil diffusers, plugin fresheners, and scented sprays may contain phthalates, chemicals that may disrupt the endocrine system by interfering with hormones.

    If you wish to know more, give the rest of the article a read.

    Read Full Article

    Login to comment.

  1. Categories

    1. Read Publishing:

      Amazon Experts Magazine, At Home Noosa, Bottom Line Magazine, Chrisco, Expert, Fortnite, Get Funded Magazine, Get Published Magazine, Happy Hormones, Healm Magazine, Health Wisdom Magazine, Importing For Profit, Intrapreneur Magazine, Jennifer Porter, Leads Magazine, Lisa Cox, Love Your Pets, Magazine Website (Read), Make Money Online, Matt Buchel, Money Matters, Move On, Painters Domain, Plastic Free Planet Magazine, Property Portfolio, Resistance Magazine, Soulful Business Magazine, Stand Out Marketing, Thyroid Health, Todays Electrician, Wise Girls Money, Your Career Magazine, Your Home and Garden, Youth In Business
  2. Quotes

    1. Phthalates can act as a synthetic hormone inside the body. When we have synthetic chemicals that interfere with natural processes, we start worrying about health issues.
    2. Many manufacturers simply replaced BPA with another similar chemical in the same family, which may be just as bad.
    3. Bleach gets rid of mould in tile grout, but it's very caustic and grout is permeable, so it actually eats away at grout over time and makes tiny holes for more mould to grow.
    4. It becomes a sink for all kinds of contaminants.
    5. These products with fragrance often contain phthalates or other harmful chemicals, which may cause health issues over time.
    6. Carbon monoxide, a deadly gas released from gas stoves and ovens, can quickly build up in your kitchen, especially without proper ventilation.
    7. VOCs are released from a wide variety of sources in our homes: flooring, paints, cabinetry, furniture, carpeting, and even vinyl shower curtains.
    8. Mildew is not necessarily black or brown or grey – it can also be the pink and orange stuff.
    9. The EPA has found that indoor air quality can be five to 10 times worse than outdoor air, and poor indoor air quality can lead to or exacerbate respiratory issues like asthma and allergies.
    10. Your humidifier can get crusty and mouldy over time.
    11. Mould can grow anywhere that water has infiltrated – common places include under sinks, in attics or roofs that have leaks, or any homes that have experienced any degree of flooding or water damage.
    12. Air conditioners are notorious for harbouring potentially dangerous mould, and bacteria like legionella [it causes legionnaire's disease].
    13. Clean your sponge between uses by rinsing it really well with soapy water; every so often, soak it for 30 minutes in an oxygen bleach solution, remove it, and let it air dry.
    14. Make sure to wash kid's toys and stuffed animals frequently to minimise dust that collects on these surfaces.
    15. Children can be especially sensitive to chemicals in cleaning products.
    16. The most important thing for dealing with dust mites is to have a mattress protector cover over the mattress, which then prevents dust mites from going into your mattress.
    17. When we over-disinfect our house and get rid of too much bacteria, it backfires on us.
  3. Topics Mentioned